Dog Dies While Being Groomed at PetSmart

Dog Dies While Being Groomed at PetSmart
Image by AmandaCullingford from Pixabay

The death of a pet is never an easy thing to go through, especially when it wasn’t expected. That is what happened to AJ Ross when she brought her toy poodle, Kobe, for a nail trim at PetSmart. 

Unfortunately, Kobe collapsed on the grooming table, and although he was rushed to an animal hospital, it was too late.

After several attempts to get some information about what happened, the regional manager of PetSmart showed Ross the surveillance video of the incident.

She was traumatized to see the struggle that her beloved pet went through. Kobe was tied with two leashes that were pulling in separate ways, leading to his trachea collapsing.

Four employees were fired and criminally charged after PetSmart did an internal investigation. A necropsy was performed. Although there wasn’t a definitive cause of death, a different medical examiner believes that Kobe died due to strangulation.

After seeking justice for her pet, AJ Ross wants PetSmart to be more strict and transparent about its training procedures. People deserve to know who they are leaving their pets with. She wants to ensure that no one else goes through the same tragic experience.

Did you know that every year, more than 10 million animals die from abuse in the US alone? It’s not hard to see why any pet owner would feel traumatized after such an incident. 

If you’re feeling uneasy about leaving your pet with a stranger, you can try to trim their nails yourself. We’ve done a lot of research and made a list of the best dog nail grinders. They’re easy to use and shouldn’t make your pet uncomfortable.

We hope that this incident will bring more awareness to the necessity of proper training for groomers and stricter policies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *